The Founder - Mr Arthur Khong
Arthur Khong left his last job with Keppel Energy in June 2013 to start the HR Law Academy where he personally conducts training and provides consultancy in Singapore employment laws and industrial relations legislation and practices.
In May 2014, Arthur incorporated PME Academy with the vision to be the premier training and consultancy provider so as to transform the life-long employability of working population in Singapore.
Arthur first embarked on his career in human resource management with Western Digital in 1993. To-date, he has held several senior Human Resource positions including:
- General Manager, Human Resources – Keppel Energy Pte Ltd
- Group Regional Vice President – Yeo Hiap Seng Ltd
- Director of Human Resource – Far East Organization, Hotel Group
- Director of Human Resource – Goodwood Park Hotel
In his 22 years’ career span in human resource management, Arthur has also held regional human resource responsibilities for overseas subsidiaries in Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Brazil and USA. He is also experienced in industrial relations management as all the companies that he has worked for are unionised companies, some even with multiple unions.
Prior to embarking on his human resource management career, Arthur was with the Singapore Police Force as a Senior Police Officer.
Arthur is currently an Adjunct Faculty with the Singapore Institute of Management University (UniSim). He started his lecture stint at UniSIM in 2009. He lectures on the following modules at UniSim:- Employment Laws and Legal Issues; Employment and Industrial Relations; and Human Resource Management.
In addition, Arthur is also an adjunct lecturer for SIM Global Education where he lectures in contract law ( Diploma in Management ); and staffing and employee development ( Graduate Diploma in HR Mgmt )
Arthur is also an active freelance workshop leader, having conducted numerous workshops in employment laws and industrial relations since 2007.
Arthur is the author of the ‘Human Resource Practitioners’ Guide to Employment Laws’ and Human Resources Practitioners’ Guide to Industrial Relations, published by LexisNexis. These guidebooks seek to outline the employment laws and industrial relations in Singapore in simple language to give HR Practitioners a better understanding of the rights and obligations of both the employer and the employee.
Arthur possesses the following educational qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics) from University of Manitoba
- Bachelor of Laws (Honors) from University of London
- Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management from Singapore Institute of Management
- Diploma in Training and Development from Singapore Institute of Management
- Master of Management (HR Management) from Macquarie University
- Graduate Certificate in International Arbitration from National University of Singapore
- Advance Certificate in Training Assessment from Workforce Development Agency
Current Professional Affiliations
- Council Member of Singapore Human Resource Institute (SHRI)
- Chairman of Employment Laws and Industrial Relations Committee of SHRI
- Non-Practitioner Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Fellow Member of Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
Past Professional Affiliations
Member of Industrial Relations Panel of Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and Chairman of Industrial (Other Areas) Group of SNEF